Position/Title: Program Intern
The Love, Unity & Values (LUV) Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that supports young people, ages 11-24, who face challenges with college and career readiness. We set out to provide the foundational skills they need to be work ready by using literacy, art and wellbeing (LAW) as a pathway to the workforce of tomorrow. Our mission is to provide hope, skills and opportunity to at-risk and economically challenged young people to disrupt violence and other negative social behavior, while preparing them for academic success and sustainable employment. With the help of a full-time and part-time staff of 15, the organization provides after-school programs, job readiness training, vocational skills development, entrepreneurship training, job placement and other intensive supportive services to nearly 500 youth annually.
The Love, Unity, And Values Institute is seeking a current college student, current graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in gaining valuable experience in the direct support, research, education programming and policy development. The Program Intern will work primarily with the Program Specialist to help launch the expansion of the LUV Institute programs and will also work closely with other team members to help with other activities within the organization.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assist the Program Specialist in identifying curriculum resources
- Communicate with applicants via phone and email about LUV Institute and its programs
- Maintain current and accurate information about all program applicants and participants
- Prepare online resource library, to include curriculum materials and/or resources
- Contribute to the development of new program areas
- Support development of training resources for students and trainers
- Valuable experience working in a dynamic, diverse, and creative environment
- Close interactions with senior management team and opportunity to build professional network
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students from at-risk and economically challenged.
- Strong writing and research abilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Independent, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Energetic, hard-working and enthusiastic team player
Internships with LUV Institute are not paid, but offer valuable hands-on experience. This experience allows students to explore areas of interest and decide if this is an area for a potential career.
How to Apply:
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and one-page writing sample by email to email@example.com, or by fax the information to 773-624-5203.