Position/Title: Marketing Intern
The Love, Unity, And Values Institute is seeking a current college student, current graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as a marketing intern and providing a wide range of services including marking, writing, planning, research, administrative, and general support to LUV Institute. In return, LUV Institute will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as marketing, public relations, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a global reach.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and develop the marketing and public relations for the office
- Research, design, edit, and distribute written graphic design, photographic material, and other public relations materials using a variety of formats
- Develop and maintain effective relationships, and be a key point of contact for these individuals
- Assist in coordinating, planning, and promoting departmental and/or citywide programs, services, and special events
- Update website when necessary
- Additional duties as assigned
- Strong writing abilities and attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience and fluency with social media (optional)
- Assistance with social media pages including:
- Content creation
- Monitoring fan engagement
- Creative idea generation
- Assistance with event planning
- Building media lists
- Conducting media outreach
- Evaluating and identifying sponsorship and partnership opportunities
- Minor administrative support when needed
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (mandatory) and Adobe Creative Suite (optional)
- Be a self-starter with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be able to manage and organize a number of projects at the same time
- Have the willingness to be proactive in interacting with other agencies, schools and community groups
Bachelor’s Degree or in the process of obtaining one from an accredited educational institution with a degree or concentration in Marketing, Public Relations, or Advertising.
Internships with LUV Institute are not paid, but offer valuable hands-on experience. This experience allows students to explore areas of interest and decide if this is an area for a potential career.
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and one-page writing sample by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax the information to 773-624-5203.