Position/Title: Development Intern
The Love, Unity And Values Institute is seeking a current college student, current graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as a Development Intern. He/She will provide a wide range of services, including event, database, research, administrative, and general support to the LUV Institute. In return, LUV Institute will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, international development, children’s issues, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a global reach.
- Assist the development staff in entering data into Salesforce, LUV Institute’s donor database
- Conduct research on potential donors, strategic partners, markets, and industries
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use
- Draft correspondence, reports, proposals, and donor appeals
- Assist the development staff in planning donor events and other activities
- Maintain donor files and other development materials
- Attend department and staff meetings
- Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Strong writing and research abilities
- Desire to learn more about fundraising and philanthropy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with databases (preferred)
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- A demonstrated commitment to LUV Institute’s mission and values
Internships with LUV Institute are not paid but offer valuable hands-on experience. This experience allows students to explore areas of interest and decide if this is an area for a potential career.
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and one-page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 773-624-5203.