Position/Title: Program Coordinator
The Love, Unity & Values (LUV) Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that supports young people, ages 11-24, who face challenges with college and career readiness. We set out to provide the foundational skills they need to be work ready by using literacy, art and wellbeing (LAW) as a pathway to the workforce of tomorrow. Our mission is to provide hope, skills and opportunity to at-risk and economically challenged young people to disrupt violence and other negative social behavior, while preparing them for academic success and sustainable employment. With the help of a full-time and part-time staff of 15, the organization provides after-school programs, job readiness training, vocational skills development, entrepreneurship training, job placement and other intensive supportive services to nearly 500 youth annually.
The Love, Unity, And Values Institute is seeking a current college student, current graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as a Development intern and providing a wide range of services including event, database, research, administrative, and general support to LUV Institute. In return, LUV Institute will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, international development, children’s issues, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a global reach.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assist the development staff in entering data into Salesforce, LUV Institute’s donor database
- Conduct research on potential donors, strategic partners, markets and industries
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use
- Draft correspondence, reports, proposals and donor appeals
- Assist the development staff in planning donor events and other activities
- Maintain donor files and other development materials
- Attend department and staff meetings
- Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Strong writing and research abilities.
- Desire to learn more about fundraising and philanthropy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with databases (optional)
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- A demonstrated commitment to LUV Institute’s mission and values
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity
Internships with LUV Institute are not paid, but offer valuable hands-on experience. This experience allows students to explore areas of interest and decide if this is an area for a potential career.
How to Apply:
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and one-page writing sample by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax the information to 773-624-5203.